by: WhatsApp Inc. • 64M
WhatsApp is the largest instant messaging app for mobile devices. It was acquired by Facebook for an insulting amount of money and its users base keeps growing everyday at a frantic pace. A communication tool is worth as long as most of the people agree on using it, and that's precisely the added-value of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp allows you to send text messages, media files (photos, videos, sound clips), links, contact vCards and location. WhatsApp's most expected feature - VoIP Calls - is already available. You can now call your WhatsApp contacts for free, directly from the app.
Those of your phonebook contacts who have WhatsApp installed will show up automatically on your WhatsApp contact list. You can open a chat with them, create a group chat or call a single contact (multi-call not yet available). New messages will be automatically pushed to your notification drawer unless you "mute" the conversation (which you can do for a given period). In addition, you can edit your profile (status and photo) and check others' profile.
WhatsApp is set in a neat and user-friendly interface. One of the most well-designed and intuitive IM mobile apps.
WhatsApp is massively used worldwide. However that doesn't mean it excels in all fields. We are missing integrated third-party apps within WhatsApp, group calls, activity feed and self-destructing messages. Even though messages are now encrypted, there's still room for improvement regarding security.
Tags: whatsapp , whatsapp widget , market //details id=tsapp , market//details?id=tsapp , whatsapp qr code , whatsapp qr , whatsapp messenger , market //details id= , whatsapp 2.0
by Manu , Appszoom
Nov 26, 2014
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter: