by: WhatsApp Inc. • 78.2M
Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, you have to introduce your phone number and the app will automatically find the contacts in your phonebook who are already using Whatsapp. These will be the contacts you can talk to on Whatsapp.
The strength of the application lies, firstly, in its “cross-platform” nature: this means that it can be used from Android, iPhones, Symbian and RIM (Blackberry) devices. So you can have conversations with all your contacts, no matter what OS they're using! This kind of integration is what users really appreciate. Secondly, its interface is simple, easy and attractive (including the Facebook profile pic of your contacts, if you have Facebook integrated with your phonebook). This is another important reason why most people are using Whatsapp instead of other mobile messenger services. And thirdly, it has plenty of great features: you can create a list of block contacts, create chat groups on a specific topic, chat settings (font size, type mode, your nickname, status message), and notifications settings (ringtone for specific contacts, vibration, pop-up,...).
One of its flaws is the price (and it is not really a flaw since it's cheap, but it could cost Whatsapp a few users). Android users get a Whatsapp free trial for a year, then they have to pay $2 for it. It works on Android 2.0 and later but we've noticed some lag problems in older devices.
Whatsapp was developed by Whatsapp Inc., a promising app development company located in Silicon Valley. Whatsapp is its first app, and its success is well-known among smartphones users.
If most of your contacts are using it, Whatsapp is a must-have for your Android. Forget SMS/MMS forever; the free cross-platform messenger era has arrived.
Tags: whatsapp , whatsapp widget , whatsapp qr code , whatsapp qr , whatsapp 2.0 , whatsapp free forever , free whatsapp , whatsapp messenger , whatsapp gratis
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
May 05, 2011
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter: